Thursday, January 13, 2011

Taking it to the Masses

I love a good story just about as much as I love a good recipe.  So many of you have supported and encouraged my "What's on Tara's Table" Facebook page, but I have several friends who are not facebookers and really wanted to see what the buzz was all about.

So here's my story: 

I've been clipping recipes and reading cookbooks since my first job in PR.  Part of my job was to review several newspapers and magazines and clip articles of interest.  After the "work" part was done with the periodicals, I would do a little clipping for me.  It started out as just a little file.  About that time I became very interested in lightening up the standard Southern recipes I was raised on.  I read.  I clipped.  And I cooked.

I found that I actually had a knack for making a meal into a memory.  I tried to make dinner time special.  As my children grew older and our lives grew busier, I had to find a way to juggle it all, because we were going to have dinner together!  The best time of the day was when we gathered 'round the table, bowed our heads in prayer and opened up about our days.  Dinnertime became my favorite time of the day because I was sharing what I loved with the people I loved most. 

Every now and then, I would post what I was cooking for dinner on Facebook.  Friends started to notice and wanted the recipes.  I started posting pictures and sharing recipes and before I knew it, there were lots of people planning their weekly menus by my posts.  And a new FB page "What's on Tara's Table" was born.

I am hoping to attract more readers and share recipes with more folks.  By all means, please FOLLOW my blog!  Also feel free to share my blog with your friends and family.  I can't wait to inspire more people to get back into the kitchen and back to cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Ditto what Carol said! You are fabulous, and so are all of the wonderful meals that you share with us. I love "What's on Tara's Table"!

    ReplyDelete