Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breakfast on the Fly

Breakfast.  Y'all know it's not my favorite meal of the day, but it's very important to fuel the furnace with lots of protein to help me make it through the day.  I struggle to find something that meets my nutritional requirements AND my taste requirements. 


Did you know that 1/4 c. of egg whites has only 25 calories and 5 grams of protein?  Well, eggs aren't always my favorite, but I heaped on the JULIO's Salsa (only 5 calories for 2 T.)

So this morning, I quickly heated a pan on medium high heat, gave a quick spritz with non-fat cooking spray and cooked up some scrambled egg whites. 

I added a sprinkle of reduced fat shredded cheese and topped it with my favorite salsa find:  Julio's Mild Salsa (and it's plenty hot, I promise) and gobbled up a tasty, healthy, low-calorie, protein packed breakfast.

1 cup of egg whites has no fat, 100 calories and 20 grams of protein.  The salsa has only 5 calories for 2 tablespoons.  What a delicious, out of the ordinary breakfast for this non-breakfast eater. 

Start YOUR day out right, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment