Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Coq Au Vin all up in the Crock Pot!

I am still responding to my fabulous FB fans who asked for crock pot recipes.  I have been carrying on a love affair with my crock pot for some time now.  I love that it makes me look like a cooking rock star at the end of the day!  It's great for busy folks who are always on the run, especially during the dinner prep hours. 


I wish you have scratch and sniff internet b/c this dish is
incredible!  It's so easy to make and so full of flavor.  Even mon
petite chous loved it!  Fancy, schmancy--just down right delicious!

I had someone ask me if you can make Coq Au Vin without wine.  And the answer is you can, but it's no longer Coq Au Vin.  Coq Au Vin actually means chicken in wine.  I love how the wonderful flavors from the wine permeate the chicken with an incredible bold flavor.  Now this isn't your Julia Child's fancy schmancy recipe that takes hours to prepare.  Quite honestly, I've never had Julia's version, which I am sure is divine, but she never spent 2 hours in carpool, dressing, dropping and discussing all the while. 


You are going to LOVE this dish, as will your family.  Let me tell you EXACTLY what to do. 

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs., boneless, skinless chicken thighs with all visible fat removed
1 1/2 tsp. herbes de Provence
3/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 c. thawed frozen pearl onions
2 large chopped carrots
1 c. dry RED wine
2 T. tomato paste
2 c. quartered white mushrooms
Whole wheat egg noodles

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place chicken thighs in the crock pot and season with herbes de Provence, garlic salt and black pepper.  Add pearl onions and chopped carrots.  Stir together tomato paste and red wine and pour over ingredients already in the crock pot.
3. Cove and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours or LOW for 7 1/2 hours. 
4. Cook pasta according to package directions and serve Coq Au Vin over noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment