Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Breakfast of Champions

Did you know that I am not a breakfast person?  Nope, not a bacon and eggs kind of girl.  But as we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  It gets your metabolism going and fuels your body for the busy day ahead.  --AND it can keep you full longer and curtail that dreaded snacking that seems to get us into trouble.  I  have seen lots of recipes for this online, even the Pioneer Woman has a version.  You can get as creative as you like, but here's the basic recipe.  

Overnight Oats


 INGREDIENTS

  • Old fashioned oats
  • Protein Powder (I use whey protein in vanilla)
  • Almond Milk ( I use unsweetened vanilla0

ADD INS
  • Fresh fruit such as blueberries, peaches, strawberries, apples
  • Healthy nuts such as walnuts, almonds, pistachios or brazil nuts
  • Cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, all spice
  • Spoonful of canned pumpkin (NOT PIE FILLING)



Here's what to do:

1.  Measure 1/2 c. of oats and put into a storage container.  



















2.  Add 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice.



















3.  Stir well.  (Sometimes I put the lid on and shake to combine)



















4.  Add 1/2 cup of Almond Milk



















5.  Mix well.  (I use a fork to mix)

6.  Refrigerate overnight.



















In the morning, I put my oats in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and then add fruit.  I make as many tubs as I have room for in the refrigerator, usually 7-8 at a time.  It's great to make a lot and have breakfast already made for the week!  I hope you give it a go and get your mornings started off right!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment