Monday, September 26, 2011

Dynamic Do-Overs

The best part of grilling is making a little extra for a great weeknight dinner.  I recently told you about a tasty BBQ Chicken recipe.  What's great about BBQ chicken is that there are so many possibilities for leftovers.  My family enjoys it when I create what we call a dynamic do-over pizza.  I have several versions in my repertoire. 

Here's all you need to do:

INGREDIENTS
This recipe makes two of these delicious pizzas!
1 to 2 leftover chicken breasts
1 package reduced fat mozzarella shredded cheese
1/4 of a red onion, sliced very thin
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (we like Bullseye or Cattleman's original versions)
Mama Mary's Ultra Thin packaged pizza crusts (you can find them on the pasta aisle at HEB/Central Market)



I had my first "BBQ Chicken Pizza" on a beach
in Maui.  That's where the red onion/cilantro
combination started for me.  It MAKES this pizza!
DIRECTIONS1.  Brush the pizza crust lightly with olive oil.
2. Spread a thin layer of BBQ over crust.
3.  Cover crusts with shredded cheese.  (you don't have to use all for 2 pizzas, but it's okay if you do)
4.  Top with chicken, onions and cilantro and sprinkle a little more cheese on top to make it all stick together when it melts.
5.  Bake according to package directions.  Try not using a pan, but instead, place pizza directly on the baking rack.

That's just about as simple as it gets.  Add a fresh green salad and call it dinner!  Yeah for great ways to use leftovers!!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment